Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Seely Lake



Hello Everyone! Sorry it's been a few days since my last post, I've been a little busy.

So I want to let everyone know about the awesome weekend I had.

Friday after work I drove up to Helena and met one of my Americorps friends. From Helena we drove north up to Seely Lake. In true Montana adventure spirit we didn't necessarily plan things out the best, so once we got up there, we needed to find a place to stay for the night. Luckily my friend's old co-worker had a lake house up there. She wasn't at her lake house, but her 30-something daughter and family were staying up there at weekend along with a couple other families. We got in contact with her and were graciously invited to camp out on the property of this killer lake house.

Not only did we just camp, we were able to go tubing, got offered tons of free food and alcohol, and got to hangout with some of the cutest kids ever. I made a new friend Will, he's 2 and a half, loves to swim, and is OBSESSED with Buzz Lightyear. He rocked.

Staying at this awesome crib did come with a price though. The reason why they were at Seely lake was to participate in the annual Seely Lake Triathlon on Saturday. Unfortunately one guy had gotten hurt so he wasn't able to compete in his leg of the triathlon (they competed in teams, in which one person did each event: swim, bike, run), so who got asked to fill in??? You guessed it....ME. The guy I filled in for was suppose to do the 10 mile biking leg of the race. Now pre-Montana I was taking a spinning class once a week so I figured it wouldn't be so bad and honestly it wasn't except for the fact that I had to ride a mountain bike designed for a 13 year old boy. Not cool. My legs were on fire since I had to pedal about twice as much as people on real bikes. Here's a pre and post pictures of me and my hot ride.

Before the Race


After the Race


After my lovely bike ride you would think I'd be done with physical activity for the day....WRONG. Once we got back to the lake house my friend and I decided to take a 5 mile hike to Morrell Falls, a 100ft waterfall that was nearby. The hike was tough (mostly because my legs were already dead), but in the end it was well worth it. Morrell Falls was amazing! Here are some pics.

On the way to the falls


At the falls


So overall, last weekend was great, probably the best since I've been here. I love exploring Montana. More exciting travel stories to come!

Love,
Becky







No comments:

Post a Comment