Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Boiling River



Yesterday after work, I drove about a hour or so south to Yellowstone to meet up with my VISTA friend and his family that was in town. They had already done a lot of sightseeing in Yellowstone, but they saved going to the Boiling River until I got there, which I'm glad!

The Boiling River is a natural hot spring. Hot water comes up from the earth and mixes with the cold water of the Gardiner River. It's frickin AWESOME! I can't tell you how cool it felt to be sitting in the warm water drinking a beer and looking up at some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. Here's a pic before we got in.



Yellowstone was so beautiful. I can't wait to go back and see more. Here's a few pics I took. If you want to see more check my Facebook or for those who are too cool for Facebook check out my Picasa.








Nap time for me. Gotta get rested....going to see pig wrestling at the fair tonight! Oh man!

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment