Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bark in the Park

Today was Bark in the Park, the local animal shelter's annual fundraiser. Since we're both big animal lovers, my roommate and I made sure not to miss it.

The event started out with a 5k run that we both did. For all my Peak people reading this, I finished in about 30 minutes, so 10 minute miles, not bad right? After the race we were able to go home and shower before the afternoon's activities. While BITP was focused mostly on dogs, they did have a "Coolest Cat Contest" which being a cat momma, I had to enter Leroy. The thing is, I have tons of pictures of him, but none that were super duper "cool". Since I wanted to win badly, I kind of cheated a bit and entered an awesome picture I took of my friend Tyler's cat, Keaton. Here's the pic. A winner for sure.



So Leroy was Keaton for the day, or the other way around. As I predicted, I won hands down. So many people came up to me saying how awesome my picture of "Leroy" was. For winning I got this sweet ribbon...



I feel a little bad for cheating, and maybe a picture of the real Leroy could have won, but I wanted to guarantee the W. On record though, the real Leroy is the coolest cat ever. I love my baby.



Altogether, Bark in the Park was pretty great. I must say, seeing all the doggies made me miss Sophie, but it was great to just be able to interact with other dogs. I can't wait till the day when I'll be able to have a dog of my own, whenever that will be.


Love,
Becky



No comments:

Post a Comment