Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken about Chicken

As I hope many of you know I've been a vegetarian for over 5 years now. To be specific I've been a pescetarian because I do eat fish. Anyways, lately I've been flirting with the idea of becoming an omnivore again.

To backtrack a little, the main reason I became a vegetarian in the first place was because of my mistrust and disgust of the meat industry.

Here in Montana it is much easier to find local meat that is organic and humanely raised.Animals here tend to be more happy and healthy. For example, all the local beef in Livingston are gazing cattle so they eat a natural diet of grass instead of corn and wheat fed that is completely unnatural and indigestible. Wild game is really big here too. Honestly I believe that wild game is the best meat you can eat. It's completely natural and the leanest meat you can get. My supervisor is a big hunter and he's almost completely sold me on deer, antelope, and bison all which he has stored in his freezer from hunts he has been on.

My problem right now is getting over the initial idea of eating meat again. I took my first step today by actually purchasing some local, organic, free-range chicken from the butcher across the street from my office. Currently it is sitting in my freezer begging for me to work up the nerve and cook it up.



So I'll keep everyone update on what I decide to do. I know some of my friends have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Hopefully it comes...I can't be 100% sure though.

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment