Monday, August 1, 2011

Gates of the Mountains



Yesterday I went on a guided boat tour of what is known as the Gates of the Mountains near Helena. It was breath-taking and probably the best scenery I've had the chance to check out while in Montana. The tour took us 6 miles down the Missouri River with the Rockies towering on each side. The tour guide was a wealth of information and he let us know that the route we took was once traveled by Lewis and Clark. One tidbit of info that stuck with me that I though was interesting is that it took Lewis and Clark 7 days to travel the same pass that we did. On a boat today it only takes about 7 minutes! Crazy to think about how much quicker we can travel and see the world today compared to then!

Also we were able to see a couple bald eagles as well as osprey which were pretty cool.

Overall the tour was awesome and I would recommend it to anyone visiting (That means come visit me and I'll take you!!!).

Here are a couple more pics to give you an idea of what I got to see.





Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment