Saturday, July 23, 2011

PSO

For those of you who weren't aware or haven't read my posts from the last couple days, from Wednesday till yesterday I was PSO a.k.a AmeriCorps Pre-Service Orientation. Going into PSO I was not too optimistic. I had heard it was boring and repetitive and honestly I'm not one who can sit in a room for hours upon hours. But, I made it through and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes, all the meetings and lectures were fairly boring and somewhat repetitive. Luckily, the lady running them, Kathy, was a 4'11" little fireball from Texas and kept things as interesting as she possiblely could.

While the actual PSO was pretty lame, the time outside of PSO was great. To backtrack a little, PSO took place in the capital of Montana, Helena. I just want to say that Helena kinda rocks! It has tons of culture, artwork, a great brewery called Blackfoot Brewery, and I even found an awesome Thai restaurant! I can't wait to go back.

I also made some great friends at PSO, which I needed desperately. It's nice to know that now I have friends around the state to visit and see the sights of Montana with. The only bad thing is because the cities of Montana are so spread apart no one is super close. I guess I'll be making a lot of weekend trips (and go way over on my milage on my Subaru....oh well).

Here's a pic of me in Helena. I have more pictures on my Facebook and Picasa if you're interested.



That's all for now.

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment