Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My First Day.....

Yesterday was my first day of work and overall it went well. My supervisor Todd set me up with an office, E-mail, and all that good stuff. The rest of the day I was left on my own to get settled in. I did some brainstorming as to what projects I'd like to tackle. The first being finding a local slaughterhouse and meat processor to process the cattle, chicken, and pigs we plan to own so that kids will be able to eat local, hormone-free, meat. This is a serious upgrade from what they usually eat. Meat products in this country are a commodity food. So basically schools can get meat products for free. Great for school budgets, however kids are eating the worst cuts of meat possible. Hopefully by raising, slaughtering, and processing our own meat locally we will be able to pay little and stay within budget constraints. I'm meeting with the nutritional director at local hospital today who did the same thing we want to do at the school at the hospital. Hopefully she has some good insight and advice!

On a more sour note, my case worker for food stamps might have messed all my paperwork up which means I might not get the full amount I was suppose to AND I have to wait even longer to get them. I'm pretty livid. She's not in the office today, but tomorrow I'm going in there and get everything fixed even if I have to be not so nice about it. Errrrr!

I leave you with a pic of me chilling in my office!

Love,
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment