Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Weekend to Remember.

So it's been awhile since I've made a post and some of you have been getting on my case to post more (cough, cough....Mom and Dad). Anyways, things have been slowing down a bit in the office as the temperature outside continues to drop and the holidays continue to approach. And while last week was slow, my weekend was not. I had a pretty scary/fun/awesome weekend (in that order exactly). Here's a rundown of what happened....

Scary:

Friday night on my way to Bozeman to hangout with my friend Maggie I hit my first deer. I clocked him while going about 50 mph on the highway. My tough little Subaru handled the incident fairly well, however the deer did not (R.I.P Mr. Deer).


The damage.

The whole thing scared the shit out of me, and now I know I'll be super paranoid every time I drive at night. While the whole thing sucked, it could have been a lot worse. Thanks Mr. Subaru for keeping me safe.

Fun:

So what was the best way to curb the killer anxiety I had from my deer accident? Why have a few drinks with a few friends of course! Which is exactly what happened next. My friend Maggie was sweet enough to take me out for dinner and some bar hopping in Bozeman as a belated birthday celebration. My new neighbors/rock climbing friends met us there. We had a great night exploring the bar scene in Bozeman. I can't express how awesome it was to go out and be surrounded by young people (something I don't get in Livingston). I will definitely be participating in the Bozeman nightlife scene more often.

That night I stayed a Maggie's place in Bozeman. The next morning we woke up, grabbed some coffee and eventually decided the best way to cure our hangovers was to go visit some puppies and kitties at the local animal shelter.

The void in my heart from Leroy passing away had been taking a toll on me for awhile. Minutes upon walking to the shelter it was filled by a sweet little cat named Walnut. I believe I have a sixth sense when it comes to animals, more exclusively, pets. I just know when an animal is right for me, it's just a feeling I get. I had it with Leroy and I got it with Walnut too. I had no intention of going to the animal shelter on Saturday and even less intention of adopting a cat, however some of the best things happen unexpectedly and my adoption of Walnut was one of those things. Here's a picture of my little man:



Awesome:

Sunday was awesome because I finally got to go to Yellowstone!!! I have been to Yellowstone once, but only to the Boiling River for a couple hours. This time I took a day long trip with some of my friends. Part of our reason for choosing Sunday was it was the last day most of the roads were open before they closed for the winter. While it was super chilly outside, we had a great time braving the cold to see some of the most beautiful places Mother Nature has to offer. Since there's no way I can describe the awesomeness of what I saw here are some pictures. Check out more under my "Sweet Pics" tab on this blog.



Mammoth Hot Springs



Old Faithful


Bison!


Grand Canyon of Yellowstone


Pretty awesome, right?

So while my weekend started off on a bad note, it ended on a great one. This work week is dragging, but luckily I have another exciting weekend to look forward too. Friday I'm going to Missoula to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and Saturday I will be in Helena with some friends. Yay!

As much fun as I am having here, the countdown till my visit home is always on my mind. Only 36 more days!!! Can't wait!

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment