Wednesday, October 26, 2011

To Get a Dog or Not to Get a Dog....That is the Question

So lately I've been really wanting an animal in my life again. As a poor VISTA it makes the most sense for me to get another cat. They're easy to care for a fairly inexpensive. However as much as I love cats, I must say dogs have my heart a tiny bit more.

In Montana there's just as many dogs as people. Basically to be a true Montanian you need a couple things....

#1. A Subaru
#2. A Gun
#3. A Dog

I have a Subaru. I will probably never own a gun. Now a dog?????

What brought about the dog discussion was a chat I had with my new neighbors that live in the apartment above me (they're super cool guys). They've offered to help me take care of a dog and watch it if I ever have to travel.

So while sitting here at work I've created a list of the PROS and CONS of getting a dog. Here it is...

PROS

* Companionship
* Hiking Buddy
* Rescuing a Shelter Dog

CONS

* Cost (Food, Vet, Etc.)

That's all I got, and as you can see the PROS outweigh the CONS right now. I'm going to the shelter today to look at this one pup I have my eyes on. Here's a pic...



Her name is Ashby and she's a 4 year old German Shepherd mix. As you can see she's completely adorable. I wonder if she's the right dog for me. Guess I'll just have to find out....

Love,
Becky

1 comment: