Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tears, Cheers, and a Deer

Yesterday started out bad....real bad for reasons I shall not say in case the wrong eyes get a hold of this blog. Let's just say I've already been down in the dumps about missing my friends and family and to add some work bullshit on top of it along with it being a certain time of the month (sorry if that's too much info for some of you) broke me down into tears. I'm not a crier, but yesterday got the best of me.

Luckily I had a farm field trip with the kiddos that day. How could I not perk up around 20 happy kids screaming with excitement over carrots, kale, cabbage, and potatoes? As always we had a great time on the farm. I got my fair share of hugs and stories from the kids, which was greatly appreciated. I must share one conversation from my little friend Kelsey that made my day...

Kelsey: "Ms. Naab do you have a boyfriend?"
Me: "No."
Kelsey: "Do you have a husband?"
Me: "No."
Kelsey: "Do you have a wife?"
Me: "No."
Kelsey: "Do you have kids?"
Me: "No Way!"
Kelsey: "Can I call you Mom?"
Me: "Just call me Ms. Naab."


My buddy Kelsey and I and some red kale

After some fun on the farm it was off to yoga to de-stress and relax (which I needed greatly). Once yoga was finished I headed off to my supervisor's house (he invited me over for dinner, I think he felt bad for the horrible morning I had). The menu that night was fresh antelope Todd had killed that weekend. With no hesitation I grabbed some antelope steak and chowed down. I can honestly say I've broken the threshold of meat being scary to me. The antelope was great. To be honest it tasted like steak.



Even though yesterday started on a bad note, it ended on a good one or a tasty one at least!

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment