Monday, September 5, 2011

Cowgirls and Quesadillas

Yesterday I hungout with one of my few friends here, Maggie. I think I mentioned her in an earlier post, but not to any extent. Maggie grew up on a ranch here in Livingston. She is a senior at Montana State University in Bozeman. While she lives in Bozeman, she still comes back to Livingston regularly to hang out with her family since Bozeman and Livingston are only about 20 minutes from each other. We met because she's helping me out with some Farm-to-School stuff as an internship for school.

Anyways, I got a call from Maggie yesterday to go out to her family's ranch and ride horses, which I definitely did not turn down. It was so much fun to ride again. I've gotten to ride a handful of times in my life. Horses are such beautiful and great animals. I really connected with horses from a young age when we had horses still around at my family's farm. To this day there's a video of me at 3 years old brushing my favorite horse, Buck, with my mom.

Here's some pictures of Maggie and me on the horses. (I'm riding Blue and she's riding Snowy)







Pretty cool eh? The best part was that I even "loped" which is between a trot and a gallop. Kinda scary, but kinda awesome too. I can't wait to ride again and become an expert cowgirl!

After riding Maggie and I made dinner for her mom, step dad, and uncle who was in town for Seattle. We went with quesadillas.

I must say it was great being around a family atmosphere since my family is all back in Cleveland. They really made me feel welcomed and I appreciated it so much. I now have an open invitation to stop over whenever I'd like!

Well that's about the coolest thing that happened this weekend. Now it's a four day work week then I'm off to Helena, Arlee, Great Falls, and hopefully Missoula from the 9th-16th. I'm sure I'll have a couple of good posts from my travels!

Till then....Yeehaw!

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment