Thursday, February 2, 2012

Much Love

On Monday I ended my stint house-sitting. It was bittersweet. I was definitely glad to not have to wake up anymore at 6 AM and go out in the cold to take care of the animals. However, by the end of my time there I had my morning routine down pat. My milking skills got substantially better. It used to take me 45 minutes to milk the goats, by my last day it only took me 15! Check out my skills:



I do miss all the animals. Me, being the animal lover I am, developed special relationships with all the animals. I must say though, out of all the animals I cared for, the chickens completely won over my heart. I'm head over heals in love with chickens and when I say in love, it's already boarding on obsession. Since I've been back at my house I'm watched YouTube videos of chickens every night. I'm in the process of becoming familiar with the roughly 54 common breeds of chickens. I plan on purchasing some chicken books when I head to Barnes and Noble this weekend. I will become a chicken expert. I plan on owning chickens one day, and I need to start preparing for that day now. Call me crazy, I don't care.....I <3 Chickens!



So being back in my little apartment in Livingston is not too bad. Back to snuggling every night with Walnut. Yay!!! Also there has been some John Mayer sightings in Livingston lately (for real, my roommate saw him). Word is that he's looking at property out here. How awesome would it be to have John Mayer around?! Maybe one of these days he'll decided to play at one of our local bars. I could die happy, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for this week to wrap up. Next week I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday for a FoodCorps retreat/training at B Bar ranch which is about 45 minutes south of Livingston. From what I've heard from my friends here it's extremely nice. Then on Wednesday my friend Greg is flying in from Ohio! Yay for my first visitor from home! We have plans to go to Chico Hot Springs, Yellowstone, and Missoula along with that I'll be showing him good old Livingston and Bozeman of course. I'm super excited! I'm sure we'll be taking oodles of pictures. With that being said, I won't be blogging till sometime after the 14th. Hope you can wait till then...

I want to end this blog by giving my lovely sister Michelle a birthday shout out! She's my best friend and one of the most beautiful, fun, and caring people I know! Love you and miss you Shell! Happy Birthday!



Love,
Becky


P.S. Check out my pics page for more pictures of me and animals!

1 comment: